Mission: Leading our community to improved health.
Vision: Aultman Health Foundation will be the leading health system in designing products and services for the communities we serve.
- Delivering the highest quality.
- Achieving service excellence.
- Offering a competitive price.
- Innovating toward disease prevention and wellness.
- Recognize and respect the unique talents of every Aultman team member
- Exceed patient, enrollee and student expectations
- Success through teamwork
- Promote a highly reliable organization
- Educate our community
- Cost-effective management of resources
- Trust, integrity and compassion in all relationships
History of Aultman
- 2014-2015: Aultman formed the Midwest Health Collaborative in 2014, joining the Cleveland Clinic, Ohio Health, Premier Health, ProMedica and TriHealth on a mission to improve the value of health care services delivered in our communities. Aultman also launched the Independent Hospital Network Sourcing Group with hospitals in Ohio, Michigan and Indiana to engage in joint purchasing, education and other collaborative activities. In the summer of 2015, Aultman opened a new dialysis center on the Altercare of Navarre campus.
- 2013: Aultman enhanced its existing partnership with North Canton Medical Foundation, building on more than two decades of collaboration to meet the health care needs of our community. The physician practice, featuring nearly two dozen physicians and more than 200 employees, was renamed Aultman North Canton Medical Group.
Akron Children’s Hospital assumed operations of Aultman’s 27-bed pediatric unit. The partnership created a structure to meet the pediatric needs of our community, as this is the only dedicated pediatrics unit in Stark County, while allowing both organizations to gain efficiency from shared resource allocations. The pediatric unit partnership built upon Aultman’s five-year collaboration with Akron Children’s on endeavors such as outpatient pediatric specialty clinics.
Although Aultman has employed various physician practices for decades, Aultman Medical Group (AMG) was established in 2013 to organize new and existing employed physician practices under one name. The AMG network of more than 140 medical professionals offers high-level patient care in family practice (primary care), general surgery, cardiology, urology, neurosurgery, podiatry and more.
After years of planning and anticipation, The Shoppes at Aultman opened. The new retail center features flower, gift and uniform shops; a retail pharmacy; convenience store; and a boutique with an array of items and services for patients battling cancer.
- 2012: Aultman opened the Gregory Family Training Center, which is a high-tech learning center for students, Aultman staff members and physicians. The center, located on the third floor of the Aultman Education Center, was dedicated to the T. Raymond Gregory Family in recognition of their generous donation that made the innovative learning environment possible.
- 2011: The Women’s Board of Aultman Hospital Compassionate Care Center opened on the Aultman Woodlawn campus. Stark County’s first inpatient hospice center, the facility featured 12 private hospice suites where patients receive end-of-life care in a peaceful environment with many homelike amenities. The Compassionate Care Center also features a chapel, family kitchen, children’s grief center, great room and an outdoor walking path.
The respective boards of directors for Dunlap Community Hospital and Aultman Health Foundation signed a definitive agreement to make Dunlap an Aultman Health Foundation subsidiary with a new name of Aultman Orrville Hospital. The arrangement built on Aultman and Dunlap’s 15-year relationship through the Independent Hospital Network.
- 2006-2010: The Bedford Building opened in 2006, featuring the Aultman Heart Center, Birth Center/NICU and emergency/trauma services. Also in 2006, Aultman earned Magnet® status for the first time – a nursing excellence designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Aultman Foundation launched in 2007, providing grant funding for area nonprofit organizations and administering funds donated to Aultman.
- 2000-2005: Aultman expanded into the communities we serve with Aultman North, Aultman West and Aultman Carrollton. In 2003, Aultman relocated outpatient therapy services to a renovated building on Tuscarawas Street across from the main hospital. Aultman also opened Aultman Louisville and completed Aultman Woodlawn.
- 1980s and 1990s: The Emergency/Trauma Center expanded in 1989. New services included the Aultman Center for Dialysis, lithotripsy, reproductive endocrinology, Cardiac Surgical Intensive Care, pharmacy robot, laboratory automation project and the helipad.
- 1950-1960: The Obstetrical Anesthesia department opened in 1951 with nurse anesthetists. By 1960, Aultman offered 24-hour availability of epidural pain relief during labor and delivery. In 1954, the Main Building and the Morrow House were completed. Construction of the Main Building replaced the hospital's original structure and included 139 additional beds.
- 1920-1940: The Harter Building was constructed in 1925, adding 100 beds to the 40-room hospital. The McKinley Building opened in 1944 and added 106 beds. In 1947, another 117 beds were added by opening the Harter Annex.
- Stark County's First Hospital: Aultman opened Jan. 17, 1892. Dr. James Fraunfelter performed the first surgery months later, attempting to save the life of Norman L. Deuble, who fell off his high-wheeled bicycle and struck his head.
- The Beginning: Elizabeth Harter, daughter of manufacturer and banker Cornelius Aultman, and stepmother Katherine Barron Aultman deeded 4.5 acres of land to the Aultman Hospital Association in 1891.